My PhilosophyAs a court certified mediator for the Riverside and Los Angeles superior courts since 2003, my job is to pragmatically and cost effectively facilitate the resolution of disputes that sensibly address the parties’ interests in a reasonable and time efficient manner.
Mediation vs. Litigation: Why should you choose Mediation?
Mediation can alleviate the stresses of litigation and allows the resolution of disputes to take place outside of the courtroom. Litigation can be expensive, time consuming, and uncertain as the process removes the decision-making out of the hands of the parties, and into the arms of a disinterested judge or jury. The mediation process restores decision-making back to the parties with a vested interest in the outcome. Mediations conducted by Lori Hershorin allow complex or simple disputes to be resolved with practical and realistic solutions, without the stress afforded by typical litigation. In light of the current closure of courts due to COVID-19, court cases will take many months to years longer than their original court dates or if the case hasn’t yet commenced, years to weave through the system. Utilizing the newest technology, mediation services via video conferencing will allow for beneficial solutions to be created for both parties, without waiting for the courts to reopen.
Areas of Expertise:
In order for a mediation to be successful, not only is the willingness of the parties’ required to resolve disputes, but also an experienced and efficient mediator who will implement creative resolutions, listen and extend an understanding to all participants involved, and work endlessly to reach a settlement. Drawing on more than 17 years of experience in comprehensive litigation, serving as a temporary judge, engaging in extensive mediation and arbitration training, along with mediating hundreds of cases, my diverse background affords me the ability to settle the most complex legal matters.
- Real Estate: Commercial and residential real estate issues involving title disputes, boundary line disputes, easements, right-of ways, broker disputes, leases, non-disclosure in real estate transactions, buyer-seller disputes, wrongful foreclosure issues and escrow disputes.
- Business: Business disputes, partnership dissolutions, unfair competition and unfair business practices.
- Insurance: Breach of insurance contracts and bad faith.
- Employment: Wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and employment disputes.
- Torts: Fraud, negligence, defamation, trespass, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Personal Injury: Numerous negligence cases, medical malpractice and dental malpractice.
Video Conferencing and Remote Access:
Given the recent world events, adapting our practices have never been more at the forefront of continuing our day to day operations, including the ways in which we conduct mediations. As such, until it is safe to resume daily operations, I am utilizing the newest and most reliable technology to conduct remote mediation conferencing services. This will allow for both parties and their counsels to engage in mediation services while maintaining the separation and discretion normally instilled during in-person conferences. By engaging in these video conferencing strategies, I will continue to provide the highest level of service to all parties.
- Half-day mediation (4 hrs.): $1,600
- Full-day mediation (8 hrs.): $3,200
- Additional time billed at $400/hr.
- Administrative fee (per party): $75